Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scan results

Madeleine’s Blog 

July 25, 2012

So do not fear, for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Isaiah 41:10

The results from the latest scans are in. As Madeleine wrote on Facebook:
In August 2011, I was told I would need surgery to remove "possible" melanoma in my neck. Four months after that, I was diagnosed with melanoma and underwent an eight-hour surgery to remove it. Two months after that, I received radiation and interferon treatments. Two days before graduation, I was told my melanoma had spread to my liver. A month ago, I began a series of bio-chemo treatments down in Riverside. Here I am, almost a year later. Today my doctor called to inform me that the treatment has reduced some of the melanoma in my neck, and that the melanoma in my liver has not spread anywhere else. I am grateful to finally hear some semi-good news for the first time in a year. I will be receiving another two treatments and then will be re-evaluated. I am thankful to everyone who helps me keep my head held high and encourages me when I feel weak. Never give up!
So, we will be going to Riverside on Sunday, and Madeleine will check into the hospital on Monday to begin another round of bio-chemotherapy. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!

2 comments:

kircarp said...

It is so good to hear some good news! Keep fighting and we'll keep praying!

Mary Drummond said...

Madeleine, you are so right...never give up! Glad to hear the good news.Every day I think of you and your family, and the journey you are on. You are always in my prayers. May God help you to keep up your strength and courage!
Sincerely,
Mary Drummond