Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rest is a gift

Madeleine’s Blog

September 3, 2013
So do not fear, for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Isaiah 41:10

Doing what she does best right now - sleep!
A few days have passed since the IL-2 has finished, and Madeleine is slowly getting stronger. They have given her more red blood cells and platelets to help get her cell numbers up to a better level. She is still having lots of the expected fatigue (which goes along with having low blood counts from the chemotherapy). And she is continuing to experience some nausea, puffiness, and other symptoms from the IL-2. 

But the good news is that things are slowly getting better! You can tell that things are improving because she looks good enough that I can post a picture!! :) 

Madeleine's dad has now flown back home, and Deanne continues to stay by her side there at the hospital. It has been a long haul for all of them, but everyone has gotten a little better rest during the past day or so. A few hours of sleep makes a lot of difference! (Deanne adds that coffee is helping a lot too!)

The doctors have told them that Madeleine's TIL cells appear to be "reproducing" and looking good so far. This is good news - we want those cells to continue to be there to fight off any melanoma, now or in the future.

Thank you for the notes and cards of encouragement, and for all of your prayers on our behalf!

4 comments:

Dave Cindy said...

WhoooHoooo! Go get'em little cells! You look so peaceful
Sleeping We love You and Miss you like crazy! XOXOXO

Auntie Leslie said...

Heading to CA tomorrow. Wish you and Mom could be there~ I want to give you both a big HUG!
Keep Sleeping, and getting stronger!

I love you Madeleine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Madeleine!

What a great photo of you! You do look great, just like your Aunt said in the blog! You look like sleeping beauty! And your arm looks healthier than any of ours! We can't imagine what you, your parents, your brother and your close relatives and friends have been through. May the Lord continue to strengthen all of you, especially you. Good luck this next week or so in recovery back in Bethesda. May those TIL cells continue to flourish and do their work!
Joe & Pam Klekas

Clintdavis7@gmail.com said...

Jeremiah 1:17
But you, dress yourself for work; arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them.

I have been meditating on the above-mentioned verse.
Dressing for the occasion:

My notion is that Jesus wants to clothe us daily with His presence
and that also - He loves speaking with us personally.

“What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.”

What He speaks to me – I will be praying over you.

“Do not be dismayed”

Love in Christ
Clint Davis