Saturday, November 16, 2013

Reflections on Make-A-Wish

Madeleine’s Blog

November 16, 2013
So do not fear, for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Isaiah 41:10

From Madeleine's Facebook today:

"Bat Kid" is the perfect example of what an amazing organization Make A Wish is and how giving our community can be. 

Make a Wish: Celebrating "Bat Kid"!
As Make A Wish says, 
Our mission: We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
No, I do not know "Bat Kid" personally, but I know the joy and happiness that that little boy is feeling. Thank you to all the individuals who participated in making his wish come true.

I am forever grateful to Make A Wish for the experience they gave me, and all the ordinary people who gave their time and money to make my wish come true and give me greater determination and want to keep fighting. 

If you ever think about donating to help children with a life threatening illness, Make A Wish is the organization. You go, Bat Kid - keep up the fight!!"  
~ Madeleine

Madeleine - enjoying the fall weather today!

3 comments:

Auntie Leslie said...

I love the picture of you!!! And we all loved the story of BATKID!
You are correct, Make A Wish is amazing. Can't wait to see you (and Mom, Dad and Max too).
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!!! LOVE YOU!

Eleanor said...

Madeleine--I thought of you this morning during one of Rick's "inspired" workouts. We did THE 75s--you know, when you swim like a maniac for 75, stop to check your time and then swim/crawl/limp back to the other end to repeat. Didn't you especially love those? In the locker room afterwards, your name came up--it always comes up-- as we share updates about you. Someone had mentioned that you went to Lassen which I know you love so much. And, what a treat to get to see your beautiful sunny face in the photo posted! Miss you, love you, think of you always--Eleanor

Dave Cindy said...

You look so Beautiful! XOXO