Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scan marathon begun, drain gone!

Madeleine’s Blog

July 31, 2013
So do not fear, for I am with you
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Isaiah 41:10

Madeleine and Deanne arrived at NIH yesterday, and then started off this morning with an ultrasound IV placement, followed by a CT scan. Then later, Madeleine finally got to have the last drain taken out that had been placed after her liver surgery several weeks ago! :)

Tomorrow morning, a 1.5 hour MRI session is planned, and then around 1 pm (East Coast time) NIH will make the official (random) decision on which arm of the TIL trial she is to be in. Please be praying for everything surrounding that decision.

From Madeleine's Facebook page a little while ago:

"Today I had my CT scan. Tomorrow I will be having a brain and liver MRI which I am really not looking forward to. Then in the afternoon I will officially sign the consent for the trial. At that time I will find out if I will be receiving the full body radiation or not.
I have to trust that this is in God's hands, and I will be put in the side of the trial that is best for me. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks."
Deanne and Madeleine have been amazed at the connections they have already made with other melanoma patients who are receiving the same therapy there at NIH. What a blessing to have people who are already in different parts of the trial, and who are so willing to offer encouragement and support.

We have heard from so many of you who are praying - thank you for your concern and encouragement!

1 comment:

Dave Cindy said...

You got this Madeleine! You are our Hero! We Love You and miss you so much! 💖